Monday, November 7, 2011

AEDM November Day 7

Staying in the lines, following the rules... not me. I am pretty sure I was born without that function. Today was an interesting AEDM. I realized I had no canvas, had nothing. Thanks to Mother Henna and her idea of gesso-ing cardboard, I suddenly had a ton of canvas. After I completed several sheets of cardboard, I was itching to do something, anything artsy. I started digging through my art stuff and found all these "crafty" projects that were given to the kids as christmas gifts years ago. They were just sitting there. So I grabbed them and shuffled through. An engraving kit peaked my interest, so I sat down and started "following the rules." That lasted about two minutes.... heart took over and suddenly I had a mess, a bright, beautiful mess. Next step was to paint over the entire piece with paper paint....oh I love paper paint. Spattering with silver acrylic was next.

One big jumbled, beautiful  mess and I love it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it too!

Anonymous said...

Great energy here. Looks like you played on the canvas. What fun! Thanks for sharing your process.

Kara Chipoletti Jones of GriefAndCreativity dot com said...

YAH for gesso'd cardboard!!!! I looooove the feeling and movement of this pieces, C! Feels like dancing.... xoxoxoxoox

Christine said...

thanks so much.. I did play and had so much fun doing this.

Christine said...

LOL Kara...love gesso'd cardboard...