Thursday, November 10, 2011

AEDM November Day 10

Autumn. Fall. My absolute favorite time of year.  I love to hear the crunch of leaves under my feet, love to look at the beautiful palette of colors that is so inspiring. This year was difficult for me, because due to disease , I was unable to run and jump in the leaves. Yes, you read that right...up until two years ago, I would actually jump in leaves... with or without my kids..my inner child gets out often. My son, bless his heart, took me on a walk in my wheelchair. I still started to cry because it just wasn't the same. He stopped, came around the wheelchair, put the foot rests up and said " Mom, drag your feet." I listened to him.. and though it was not crunching, more like shoveling..it was fun. We laughed so hard and I am pretty sure , neither of us will forget that moment that my feet were covered in a great big pile of golden leaves that I had shoveled off the path.

So today's piece was my homage to fall. I started out with a piece of cardboard that had been gesso'd.  Second layer was all of my favorite fall colors done with a rolling brush and blended together. I didn't like the rough look so I covered the edges with ribbon. Of course, the great big pile of artificial leaves were scattered all around me, so I started decorating the canvas. I couldn't manage to get the lettering right and finally just went with stickers I had on hand. Honestly, I am disappointed with that lettering but I am letting that go... I took a picture of it, played with it in picnik making the colors more vibrant and adding a mirrored frame.

I know fall is nearing its end... but if you are able.. go jump in a pile of leaves. I promise you won't regret it.

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Sweet post. I have a love/hate relationship with the fallen leaves. Love the colors and watching my dogs run through the piles I have raked. Hate raking! Your son sounds like a wise one. Great idea he had.

Kara Chipoletti Jones of GriefAndCreativity dot com said...

Love you much, GRRRRL. I'm jumping into a pile of s.... oh, uh, I mean leaves, yah, that's right, leaves. :) Hug the good souls in your house for me...hug you, too. xoxoxo

Amanda Trought said...

I love the colours that autumn brings...Amanda