Thursday, November 24, 2011

AEDM November 23 and 24

Yesterday started out pretty  normal for us...planned on doing art in the afternoon..Abby's dr appt because she was in the er the night before... basketball injury. My son drove me to the appt and suddenly we are registering at the hospital for a surgery. Ever since Nora died, I am a freak when it comes to hospitals and my children and hospitals and well you get it... The surgery was only to take an hour, and it took over two hours. I am not a patient person and this hospital's waiting room was without water, coffee, basic needs like paints, crayons and paper. Everyone had gone home for the holiday and we were all alone.  I needed to do something...so after finishing the end of Gone with the Wind, I went hunting. This may be wrong, but on the secretary's desk sat a pencil and a pad of paper. I snagged both and sat in the dark corner of the room and just started doodling... it got me through until the surgery doors opened and the doctor returned.....On a side note my daughter had four breaks in two fingers. Needed pins, wires.. will be casted until February. Ahhhh...life.





I doodled over the scheduling form, front and back with pencil. Took a pic of Abby's arm..merged..

1 comment:

Rita said...

Crazy that they had nothing at all in the waiting room for you to drink or anything. Must have been because of the holiday. Sounds like you should always have some art stuff in your bag for emergencies. ;)

Glad your daughter had her surgery, though, and hope she heals well. Hope the rest of the holiday weekend goes smoothly and quietly. :)