Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bestie happy mail !!

Today started out with tears and pain. Feelings of failure ran abundant, they actually still do but have been granted a temporary reprieve. Cue knock on the door, car driving away. Mailman with delivery. Happy Mail. Bundle of joyful bliss. Eye candy. What my bestie doesn't realize is that she has given me much more than she realizes. First, she gave me a  hug and love by including pictures of three incredible boys. Second, she gave me a gift for my birthday, an exquisite calendar with handpaintings dedicated to friendship complete with handmade card. Third, she doesn't realize this but I hoard colorful, wonderful objects to use in my book of days. I will be able to do such wonderful pieces centered around this gift and that makes me really happy.

But so much more than all of that, she gave me a life raft. She reminded me that I am blessed.