Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lights out, Art on

So much has happened and this week has been crazy. I am trying to figure out how to coexist with many people in my life, with situations that keep happening, with my grief, with my disease and with stressors that just keep jumping in.

My son is graduation this week and all hell has broken loose. Then the  power company knocked on the door informing me that the power would be out for a little while and the entire next day. Of course, my inside voice was screaming so loudly that I can't believe he didn't hear it. I kept worrying, worrying over so much.

Then I took a deep breath. The next day, as promised, the power was out bright and early. Since I have been disabled for almost two years now, I tend to watch so much tv. I sat on the sofa and just stared. That wasn't fun.  I picked up a book and started reading but it wasn't satisfying me. I got my walker and started pacing around the house.

Ended up in the art room....my inner art freak escaped and it was okay. I finished art swaps that I was working on, a canvas for my daughter, started a canvas for a fundraiser, worked on my Book of Days journal, made some painted papers and sketched some faces for my 29 day face challenge. By the end of the day, I was stained in ink and paints. I realized part way through the day that no power meant no water so my hands had no hope. But it was okay and I loved it. I just sat and did art all day mixed with resting and it was incredible.



1 comment:

Sue M said...

Three cheers for paint and paper!