Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ice Storm Cometh

Sometimes it takes an ice storm and your fifteen year old to teach you about life. Life gets so busy sometimes and when you are mom..and Christmas is only days away busy doesn't even begin to describe it. When we were making preparations for the ice storm, my fifteen year old asked me quite pointedly why we never just stop... why I always have to keep going and keep busy. It really took me by surprise but I chalked it up to he will understand when he is older. Yesterday we were hit by the storm, thankfully not as severe as forecasted but bad enough to keep me home from work and the kids home from school. Suddenly I was granted an extra day, I could bake cookies, wrap gifts, clean the house and at that moment I said NO! Corey heard me say for the first time that we were going to do nothing.. just have fun and live in the moment..I had the best day I have ever had.. I enjoyed the kids, I worked on my photography, Abby worked on her art and Corey discovered that he could blog as well.
Sometimes it takes a fifteen year old and an ice storm to wake you up to life.....thats a very good thing!!

3 comments:

Kara Chipoletti Jones of GriefAndCreativity dot com said...

Look how beautiful you two look!!!! OMG. My heart is singing to read this post, Sweets! I'm so glad you took the time and played. We went and took a nighttime walk with a friend and her lovey dog last night. It was all ease and play. I felt like Kota -- and Nora and all the angels we know -- were there sparkling in the snow, so glad we were being Present. It was good. :) Lots of xoxoxo's to you! me

Nadya said...

Thank you for my heART card! It's so sweet - my grand daughters (4 & 8) loved seeing the cards - the 8 yr old esp. liked this one. They were intrigued with how the cards were made (were doing some with construction paper & catalogue photos for classmates) . . . happy happy V day to you!

Tammie Lee said...

Hello Christine,

Thank you for your lovely heART card!
Happy Valentine's Day ~

Tammie