Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Difficult times

I have to apologize for not updating the blog. We have been dealing with some pretty heavy stuff and sometimes even scary. Corey got a concussion, a severe one, in a football game two weeks ago. So far, we have made three trips to the ER. It has been horrible to watch Corey suffer. He has been pulled out of football until next year. In my heart I never want him to go back but I know that football is his love. Yesterday we went back to the ER. Last night at dinner, Corey said something that brought both Bear and myself to tears. Corey is not sure he wants to go back to playing. He realizes the severity of the injury and is not sure he can face this again, or face a worse condition.

When I lost Nora seven years ago, you become delusional thinking that you have lost one and you won't lose another one but we came close. With everything the doctors have told us, we came close. Today is Corey's birthday. I am so thankful to have Corey and to know that in time he will hopefully heal from this injury. Please keep Corey in your prayers.

2 comments:

Kara Chipoletti Jones of GriefAndCreativity dot com said...

Not only in my prayers, but looooooooooooots of Reiki coming his way -- for his birthday and for everyday... healing healing healing energy. My heart to all of you... Corey, when you are feeling better, is there any chance you can "stay in the game" but helping to coach the team instead of play? I mean maybe there is a way to stay involved in some other aspect? I know in Pittsburgh, the Steelers are a huge part of the culture there. They have offices and lots of staff. I wonder if there is a team in your area, professional league, you know, where they might take on summer interns on the business end of things? Just thoughts... xoxooxoxoxox k-

Unknown said...

Yes of course plenty of prayers coming ya'lls way. I know right now the tunnel of all this seems dark but keep traveling through and you will know what needs to be done in the end.

Love Ya, Amanda