Wednesday, June 25, 2008

After the flood.....

The water is receding and the damage is being assessed. Its not pretty. It is one of the saddest things I have seen. Communities all over Iowa devastated by flood. The pictures have been heart wrenching. Last night, a train from Tysons fell into the river. It would seem the bridge just could not take the pressure that was applied to it by the flood. The engineer had minor injuries and was flown to U of I. I have added another photo gallery to show some of the things we are seeing. I have included pictures from around Columbus Junction. When looking at the pictures of plants, note the discoloration that occurs in the middle. That would be how high the water actually rose. The one picture which looks like a lake, that is actually a field that is now under a significant amount of mud. We definitely know how lucky we were to come out of this unscathed. I hope that with all of our support, the community will be able to recover.

No comments: